Enabling Automation with Cirba
Cirba provides a number of options for integrating into customer environments,
Cirba provides an API that enables our customers to integrate Cirba with any third-party solution in your environment requiring VM placement and sizing information, such as ticketing systems, orchestration, or even cloud management platforms like solutions from IBM, OpenStack and VMware.
Using Cirba analytics to determine VM hosting decisions and placements automates a key step in the provisioning process while ensuring that capacity is used efficiently and that technical and business requirements are met. The API also provides access to Cirba's Reservation Console, enabling capacity to be automatically reserved and held for the workload and ensuring it is available when it is needed.
Cirba offers integrations to automate routing decisions for:
Cirba API enables organizations to automate:
- Answering which environment and which host are best suited for a new workload according to available capacity, business, policy, and operational considerations.
- Reserving of capacity for a new workload to be placed in the future.
Integrating with VMware Environments
Cirba's policy-based analytics add intelligent control for VMware infrastructure. Through out of the box integrations to VMware products, Cirba enables optimized VM routing, placements and sizing for increased efficiency, and reduced performance risk. Cirba integrates to:
- vRealize™ Automation™ – Replace round robin based placement logic with Cirba’s intelligent, policy-based routing that optimally balances supply and demand.
- vSphere® – Optimize host level placements to increase VM density, reduce processor and core-based software licensing, and cut motioning and risk.
- DRS – Program DRS rules to keep real-time load balancing onside with important placement policies.
- vRealize® Operations™ – Leverage historical utilization data to accurately model and predict future behaviors and get immediately actionable recommendations when optimizing environments new to Cirba.
Watch this video:
XML-based Exports of Daily Recommendations
Cirba also makes the daily workload placement and VM sizing recommendations available via XML for easy importing or integration into other third-party management solutions, such as ticketing systems, orchestration solutions, etc .,to ensure compliance with your own change management processes.