The Foundation – Cirba's Analytics Engine
Powering Cirba's revolutionary Reservation Console, Control Console, and Transformation Analytics is Cirba's patented analytics engine.
Cirba's analytics combine the most advanced workload analysis with configuration requirements, business requirements, operational policies, and planned changes to model infrastructure requirements accurately and resource allocations and VM placements for today and the future.
Explore the Analytics Engine by clicking on the info button.
Manage according to the policies that govern workloads, systems, and environments with Cirba's Policy Manager.
Policies formalize management criteria representing the constraints, regulations, and operational goals of IT environments. By leveraging policies, you not only ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, but also the safe operation of workloads.
Cirba's Policies are customizable, enabling you to create a set of unique policies for application to any of your various environments, systems, or workloads. Settings available through these policies relate to:
- Guest density
- Guest performance
- Placement volatility
- Operational windowing
- Resource reclamation
Cirba ships with six standard configurable
policies based on best practices:
- Production Critical
- Production IT
- Production Cloud
- Prod Batch / HPC
- Dev / Test
Track Inbound & Outbound Guests & Hosts
Critical to measuring, planning, and managing an environment is knowing what's in it today, and what will be in it in the future! Use Cirba's Reservation Console ; organizations can accurately plan for inbound demand while also understanding outbound hosts and technology changes.
- Respond quickly to business requests for placements by profiling new demand requests and determining if there is capacity available to fulfill the request.
- Optimize placements and reserve capacity for confirmed requests so you can be sure required compute and storage resources will still be available when the time comes to deploy the workload.
- Manage the flow of VMs and hosts coming into and leaving environments and the corresponding impact on available resources, workload placements, and overall capacity requirements.
Modeling Large-Scale Environmental Changes
Cirba's Transformation Analytics model more significant changes in the environment from technology refresh or platform migration through powerful template-driven what-if analysis. Through this capability, you can compare different infrastructure and platform choices, hardware configurations and capacities, and fine tune policies, all to support planning initiatives such as technology refresh, large-scale transformations, migrations, cluster consolidation, and new workload placement.
Empirical data is essential for quality analyses. Cirba provides flexible data collection options and data quality reporting to ensure analyses leverage quality data that accurately reflects the historical patterns and trends in an environment. Cirba's database acts as a centralized repository for all the critical information about your workloads including:
- Configuration Details
Through flexible rules-driven analysis, Cirba analyzes deep hardware, OS, application, middleware and database configuration data so technical fit is accurately assessed.
- Business and Policy Parameters
Whether tracked in CMDBs or spreadsheets, Cirba's configurable policies leverage critical information relating to regulatory requirements, maintenance windows, geography, service levels, and other key considerations to factor in when placing workloads.
- Resource & Utilization Analysis
Cirba provides the most powerful utilization analysis available, considering the nature of workload patterns and personalities to accurately determine what fits together and achieve an optimal balance among risk, service levels, and consolidation ratios.
Populating the Database
Cirba provides flexible data acquisition options including:
- Cirba's native data collection options such as scripts, agentless capabilities, or read-only agents.
- Integrations to industry standard discovery tools including IBM TADDM and HP DDMI and configuration databases including BMC Atrium CMDB.
- Import data from third-party monitoring or management systems to avoid duplicating data collection activities for utilization or configuration details.
Data Normalization Leveraging Industry Standards
Cirba provides users with access to CINT benchmarks from SPEC.org.