Careers at Cirba
Cirba provides software-defined infrastructure control for visionary enterprises to remove risk from the heart of operations and unlock new levels of strategic visibility, efficiency and agility.
We are always looking for outstanding candidates to join our team. Cirba is fast-paced and results driven, embodying the motto ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’. We encourage our staff to achieve their personal career goals and will work with them to find a healthy balance between work and life. Cirba is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries, a full range of benefits including a work-life balance, training and development program, and extended healthcare.
Engineering and Support
We are seeking a Intermediate to Senior Technical Consultant to join the Technical Services & Support Team at Cirba Inc. The Consultant will focus on delivering consulting services. Consulting services include the installation, configuration, integration, customization, and operation of our enterprise transformational and operational analysis software. In addition, the role will involve training customers and partners, as well as pre and post-sale technical product support.
The position requires strong conceptual and analysis skills, planning abilities, sound judgment, teamwork, leadership, innovation, excellent writing skills, and superior communication and presentation skills.
- Manage product rollouts including installation, configuration, integration, customization and validation within customer environments and for partner assessments.
- Provide post-sale technical support evaluating customer readiness; conducting product training; identifying and resolving application or environmental issues
- Work closely with and manage client-specific cross-functional teams composed of Engineering, Sales, Client Services, and Business Development Representatives.
- Take a technical management role for partners by providing assistance in engagement and deployment planning, data collection, and analysis in customer environments.
- Define, coordinate, and prioritize customer and partner feedback and ideas into product management requirements for future enhancements to Cirba's products and services.
- Play an active role within the department by participating in process development and other business improvement projects.
- Regular client and partner interaction via telephone, email, and regular face-to-face contact.
- Work independently with customer/partner technical teams on post sales activities.
- Work with Client Services team members and the Training Service Department to update and develop training materials.
- Deliver classroom and web-based instructor facilitated technical product training to Cirba partners and customers across the globe.
- 5+ years experience in an enterprise software company and hands-on experience with large scale enterprise software rollouts
- 8+ years of experience in a consulting capacity
- Demonstrated ability to understand a complex distributed software system with sufficient depth to troubleshoot highly technical, time sensitive issues
- Experience with heterogeneous environments including Windows, UNIX and Linux
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, etc…)
- Strong AIX and IBM Power virtualization experience
- Travel is required for this position
Nice to Have:
- A B.S or M.S in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server or Oracle preferred)
- Strong verbal communication skills and excellent technical writing skills
- Strong team player and enjoys working in a fast paced team atmosphere
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
- Ability to communicate complex ideas verbally and through documentation
- Must be able to grasp highly technical concepts quickly, develop content, and independently document features for target audiences
If you are interested is this position, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com. In the subject title please quote: Senior Technical Consultant. We thank all applicants who apply, but only qualified candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
At Cirba, the Client Delivery Manager plays a critical role in the success with our customers. The Client Delivery Manager leverages a broad set of technical, customer and project management capabilities within the Data Center environment to manage the delivery of our products and services to our customers. Starting within the Sales process, the Client Delivery Manager establishes him or herself as the primary contact for the customer in terms of solution development and delivery and leads a team of technical resources to the successful delivery of the Cirba product set.
- Support the Sales team during the sales process as a Subject Matter Expert on customer engagement and delivery practices. Also manage initial customer expectations on the delivery process.
- Lead the Solution requirement definition and scope determination process.
- Determine, establish and communicate to the customer the right deployment strategy.
- Lead and be responsible for the resource sizing and allocation process.
- Lead the development of the SOW and drive it to signature with the customer.
- Develop and manage a realistic overall engagement project plan right through to completed delivery.
- Report, on a regular basis to both the customer and internal Cirba management on the status of each engagement and any critical issues/risks and associated actions.
- Own and drive customer satisfaction on every engagement.
- Determine when additional services are required; proactively prepare additional SOWs for the customer.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date forecast of revenue on each engagement.
- Review all resource allocation of time in time tracking as well as validate customer billing information.
- In conjunction with the Sales team, maintain an ongoing relationship with targeted customers in order to ensure their continued success with the Cirba product as well as future services opportunities.
- Excellent communications skills, including presentation capabilities
- Strong knowledge of key infrastructure technologies such as
- Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, LPAR, LDOM)
- Infrastructure software platforms (CMDBs, Monitoring tools, Performance Tools)
- Database platforms (MS SQL, Oracle)
- Good general understanding of server hardware technology
- Previous Systems Integration experience
- General understanding of the operations of a Data Center
- Project and Program Management experience
- Particular to software deployments and integration
- Familiarity with Project Management tools
- MS Project
- Experience with Requirements capture and vetting
- Experience with work scoping and sizing
- Travel is required
If you are interested is this position, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject title please quote 'DELMGR:2012'. Electronic correspondence only – NO AGENCIES or TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE. We thank all applicants who apply, but only qualified candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
Engineering and Support
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Analyst to join our team here at Cirba Inc. The ideal candidate will have a combination of a strong technical background and experience working with customers in a support role.
- Responsible for supporting customers and/or service partners
- Resolve reported customer issues in the areas of system configuration, setup, product functionality, and enhancements. This includes troubleshooting, testing, referral to other service areas and follow-up
- Manage escalations from both customers and partners and ensure Cirba remains strong in its commitment to its customer's success
- Accurately document all customer requests using a ticket tracking system
- Create solutions from resolved issues for future use by customers and internal personnel
- Provide focused communication with customers/partners that is professional and timely, primarily via telephone or e-mail
- Promote teamwork and Customer Support Centre success
- Play an active role in the development of the organization by participating in process development and other business improvement projects
- May require work outside of normal office hours and/ or 24x7 on-call availability on a rotational basis
- 4-6 (intermediate) / 6-8+ (senior) years experience supporting customers and service partners
- Ability to adopt and learn new technologies
- Excellent UNIX Shell Programming skills
- Working experience in troubleshooting Windows and UNIX environments
- Strong problem analysis and solution design ability
- Above average communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Good understanding of all product features and good skills in explaining features to customers
- Experience in operating across multiple computer platforms and environments
Nice to Have:
- Good understanding of database and middleware administration
- Good understanding of server consolidation and virtualization tools and best practices
- Good understanding of Datacenter architecture and configuration
- Experience supporting large customers and service partners
- Ability to understand Cirba product features and explain features to customers
If you are interested is this position, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com>. In the subject title please quote 'CSSUPP:2014'. Electronic correspondence only – NO AGENCIES or TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only qualified candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
We are looking for well-rounded developers to join our growing engineering team here at Cirba Inc. This person will contribute their knowledge and skills to the creation of Cirba's world class product. An ideal candidate would have a passion for technology and software development with a desire for building leading edge solutions.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Below are the duties and responsibilities but may be changed in accordance with the needs of Cirba. This is not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to ensure the successful delivery of Cirba's objectives.
Software Developers are responsible for:
- Collaborate with feature teams to design and develop innovative solutions with a focus on rapid delivery while maintaining balanced attention on quality, performance and usability.
- Collaborate with team to define functional and detailed design requirements
- Assist and help maintain and track the team's portion of project schedule
- Work with other product development and support teams to resolve defect reports and enhancement requests
- Work closely with the engineering team to find ways to push the limits of existing web technology in pursuit of creating the best possible solutions.
- Keeping current with new technologies, techniques and apply them where suitable.
- 4+ years of web application development experience using Java technologies
- Strong Software Development Skills
- Proven web application development experience
- Experience and understanding of Virtualization technologies
- Experience building enterprise solutions
- Strong written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of our technologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A B.S in Computer Science\related field or relevant work experience
- Creative Thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Can adapt and learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and manage own time, self-motivated, with a high level of self‑discipline
- Enjoys working independently as well as in team environment. Patient, flexible and pays attention to detail
- Delivery focused, with a flexible approach to work and willingness to learn new systems and business lines
Our Technologies and Tools:
If this sounds like the position for you, send us your resume and in your cover letter tell us why we should be hiring you.
If you are interested is this position, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject title please quote: ENGOPEN: INT Developer. We thank all applicants who apply, but only qualified candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Below are the duties and responsibilities but may be changed in accordance with the needs of Cirba.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to ensure the successful delivery of Cirba's objectives.
Quality Assurance Consultants are responsible for:
- Test coverage of product areas
- Quality and test report of features in their area/s of expertise
- Maintaining the team's portion of project schedule as well as track the progress of testing for the project
- Writing and executing functional, regression, and performance test scripts, test cases and test reports
- Reviewing software for adherence to specifications
- Collaborating with product development teams to resolve defect reports and enhancement requests
- Reviewing technical documentation for accuracy
- Contribute to the definition and creation of necessary test tools and test environments
- +4 years of software QA experience
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge in virtual environments specifically VMWare
- Understanding of agile software development processes and SDLC in general
- Strong manual testing skills, planning, designing, and writing test cases, using test management and issue tracking tools
- Experience testing Enterprise Software Solutions, commercial product release packaging and testing
- Experience using MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Good working knowledge of MSWord and MSExcel
Nice to Have:
- Experience using and creating Test automation tools
- Knowledge in one or more scripting languages such as SQL, Perl, Python, and Unix shell scripting
- Windows, and/ or UNIX (including Solaris, AIX, HP-UX and Linux) experience
- A B.S or M.S in Computer Science or vast IT background is strongly preferred
If you are interested is this position, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com. In the subject title please quote: QA Analyst. We thank all applicants who apply, but only qualified candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.