CiRBA for Forecasting
In most virtual and cloud environments, infrastructure is still under-utilized. This is a significant issue that erodes the ROI of these initiatives and unnecessarily increases TCO.
The culprit is reliance on old-school capacity management tools and using trending data on workload utilization to determine how much infrastructure is required.
In new-school virtual and cloud infrastructure, trends are just one input into the equation. Through its Capacity Control Console, CiRBA provides an accurate view of future infrastructure requirements considering all the variables required, including:
- Expected growth and historical trends of existing workloads.
- Capacity Reservations and Bookings for expected changes. CiRBA's Reservation Console automates capacity reservation requests and formalizes environment level bookings to ensure and accurate picture of future capacity demand within an environment. Bookings reflect workload and hosts coming onto or leaving an environment.
- Workload placements because how you fit workloads together on a server has a major impact on how much infrastructure you need.
- Policies because service levels, operational policies, regulatory and management requirements all impact where things can go and how much infrastructure you need.
- Accurate VM sizing and allocations because so many organizations still aren't getting this right and oversized VMs consume a lot of resource unnecessarily and under-sized VMs create performance issues – both of which impact infrastructure sizing.
Predict Capacity Shortfalls
CiRBA's predictive analytics provides an accurate view of when a capacity shortfall will arise. Looking into the future, CiRBA indicates which environments, clusters and hosts will experience shortfalls and helps you determine when to take action. CiRBA also enables you to determine how many VMs you can fit into an environment to "use up" spare capacity and make better use of your infrastructure.
Leverage CiRBA as a Fuel Gauge to Enable Just-in-Time Provisioning
Many organizations are building new, large-scale internal cloud infrastructure and filling these environments with a combination of already virtualized workloads and remaining physical workloads that are being virtualized through additional transformation initiatives. CiRBA helps organizations control the on-boarding process, not only by helping organizations transform, size and place workloads, but by acting as a fuel gauge when applied to these environments. Leveraging CiRBA in this way not only reduces risk, but also enables just in time provisioning of hardware. For many organizations this results in significant savings.
Determine Capacity Requirements for Transformation Initiatives
Whether you are migrating from one platform to another, planning for hardware refresh or planning a new virtual or cloud environment, CiRBA enables you to determine precisely which hardware options and configurations best fit your needs and how much you actually require.
CiRBA also enables you to explore alternate scenarios quickly and easily so you can investigate opportunities that span hardware brands or even platforms. Using CiRBA's consideration of these varying characteristics along with built in industry standard benchmarks, organizations can evaluate the benefits of designing virtualized infrastructure on any platform, according to financial objectives, workload personalities, risk tolerance, service level agreements and performance requirements.